With OverDrive on your Kobo Aura ONE, you can borrow free eBooks from your public library right from the Kobo catalog. Follow the steps below to sign into OverDrive and get started.
- From the Home screen, tap in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Settings > OverDrive.
- Tap Get started.
- Select Create account or Sign in to OverDrive.
- Find your library on the Find a public library page. Tap your library's name to sign in.
- Follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account, or you can sign in with your library card, an existing OverDrive account, or Facebook.
- If prompted, select Sign in to add your library card to your account.
- Select Browse to start exploring Kobo's catalog, or select Search to find a specific title.
- Tap an eBook to open its details page, then tap to borrow it or place it on hold (if owned by your library).
Borrowed eBooks will appear in the Books section of your Kobo Aura ONE, just like purchased eBooks. Library eBooks are automatically returned to your library at the end of the lending period, so you never have to worry about late fees.
In addition to borrowing eBooks from the Kobo Aura ONE, you can also:
- Filter the Kobo catalog so you only see eBooks that your library owns.
- Browse featured collections created by your library.
- Read OverDrive eBooks you've borrowed elsewhere (if they're also available in the Kobo catalog).
- Renew library eBooks using the Request again option (in the book actions menu). This will let you borrow the eBook again immediately after its lending period expires (if there are no existing holds), or place you on the title's wait list (if there are existing holds).
- Return library eBooks early (before the end of the lending period).
Note: If you've downloaded the eBook to another app or device (like the OverDrive app or a Kindle), you won't be able to return it from your Kobo. Instead, you may be able to return the eBook using the software you used to download it.
For more information, or if you need additional assistance with OverDrive on your Kobo Aura ONE, please visit Kobo's help site.