If you see an error message about a bad file (or the app crashes) when you try to listen to an audiobook, some of its parts may not have downloaded correctly.
Note: We always recommend using the most up-to-date version of the app. If you're having this issue and the app is crashing on your device, please update the app, then follow the steps below.
Here's the complete error message:
Bad Audiobook Part: This audiobook part cannot be played because of a bad file. Delete and re-download this part from the Files menu.
How to resolve the issue
To resolve this issue, delete and re-download the problematic audiobook parts from the app's Files menu using the steps below.
- Tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu.
- Tap Files and select the audiobook that's causing the error.
You'll know which parts didn't download correctly when they're both Downloaded and 0 MB in size.
- Tap and delete the parts that say 0 MB.
- Tap and re-download the deleted parts.
- Once all the parts are downloaded, go back to the bookshelf and try listening to the audiobook again.