If you get a "Connection Lost" error but you're connected to the internet, the issue may be caused by an outdated library collection link saved in your "My libraries" list. This problem can be resolved by removing and re-adding your library using the steps below.
Here's the full text of the error: "Your request cannot be completed because you are not connected to the internet. Verify your data connection and try again. If this error persists, contact OverDrive Support."
Step one: Remove the library from your "My libraries" list
- In the OverDrive app, tap the icon in the top-left corner to open your Home menu.
- Tap the Edit button at the top-right of the menu.
- Tap the red minus sign next to the library giving you the connection error, then tap Delete.
- Tap Done when you're finished.
Step two: Re-add the library to your "My libraries" list
- At the bottom of your libraries list, tap Add a library.
- Enter your library's name, city, or postal code in the search box, then tap Search.
- Tap your library, then tap their digital collection (under "Library Systems"). Your library's digital collection should load normally, and will be automatically saved to your "My libraries" list.
If these steps don't resolve the issue, please contact your library for support. Let them know you've already tried the steps in this article, because there may be a separate issue occurring.