You can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy eBooks and audiobooks from your school or library on your Chromebook. You can also get free periodicals to read on these supported devices.
Note: Some digital formats may not be available from all libraries.
If you're under 13, you can use one of the under-13 sign-in options.
In the OverDrive app, click or tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu. Select Manage libraries, then click or tap + to find your school or library's digital collection.
- Click or tap the star to save your school or library to your library list.
- Click or tap your school or library's name to start browsing.
Now, choose the image below that looks like the titles in your library's collection.
Once you've borrowed a title, click or tap to go to your Loans page and see your options for the title. From there, you can:
- Select Download, then select:
- Select Download to download MP3 audiobooks to the app Bookshelf.
- Select Read in browser to open read-alongs or MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your web browser.
Note: Magazines and newspapers work a little differently than other digital titles. To read them, you'll need a NOOK tablet or the NOOK reading app. See getting started with periodicals for more help.
Log into your school or library's digital collection with your student ID or library card, then borrow a title.
Note: Magazines and newspapers work a little differently than other digital titles. They have a Send to NOOK app button instead of a Borrow button, and to read them, you'll need a NOOK tablet or the NOOK reading app (for Android, iOS, or Windows 8). See getting started with periodicals for more help.
Find borrowed titles on your Checkouts page (under your Account). From here, you can:
- Download/Add EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Select Read to open and read OverDrive Read and MediaDo eBooks right in your browser.
- Select Listen to open and play OverDrive Listen audiobooks right in your browser.
- Select Download, then Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send a book to your Kindle Cloud Reader or Kindle device.