When possible, we recommend using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to transfer titles to an eReader.
However, there are a few models of Sony Reader (like the Reader Wi-Fi) that are not compatible with ADE. In these cases, instead of ADE, you can use Sony's Reader for PC/Mac software to transfer eBooks from your computer to your Reader.
How to transfer eBooks using Reader for PC/Mac
- Install Reader for PC or Mac on your computer.
- Plug your Sony Reader into your computer. If prompted, select Data Transfer Mode on your Reader.
- Open Reader for PC/Mac. When you launch the Reader software for the first time, you may be prompted to log in with your Kobo Bookstore account (you can choose to Sign in later).
- Click the "Info" icon, then make sure Reader for PC/Mac and your Sony Reader are authorized with the same Adobe ID. You may need to click Authorize or, if your software and/or device is already authorized, follow on-screen prompts to ensure that your software and device have matching Adobe IDs.
- Go to your library's digital collection and download an EPUB eBook.
- Find the eBook you've just downloaded (by default, it goes to your "Downloads" folder), then right-click on it (or control-click on a Mac).
- Mouse over Open with and select Reader for PC or Mac.
- From "My Library" in Reader for PC/Mac, select the eBook you'd like to transfer and click the bottom-left button (which looks like this: ). Confirm by selecting Copy to Reader.