If you receive the error "No portable players could be found" while using the transfer wizard in OverDrive's desktop app, please check the following:
- If you connected the device and immediately tried to transfer the audiobook, it's possible that your computer has not yet recognized the device. Wait a few moments after connecting the device and try transferring it again.
- If there's a "Player" drop-down menu in the transfer wizard, make sure to select your current device.
- Before connecting your device to your computer, start the transfer wizard. Follow the prompts, but do not plug in your device until the wizard prompts you.
- If you're transferring to an Apple device, make sure iTunes is open and recognizes your device before starting the transfer wizard.
- If you're transferring to an iPod, make sure you enable disk use in iTunes before trying to transfer to your device.
- If you're using a Windows computer and transferring to an MP3 player, try manually transferring the files to your device.
- Try using a different cable to plug your device into your computer. If the cable is damaged, the transfer may not work.