Typically a DRM licensing error is caused when the OverDrive app thinks that an ODM (OverDrive Media) file has expired. You can resolve this issue by ensuring the time and date on your computer are set correctly and by checking that there are no old versions of the ODM file on your computer. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue:
- Check the date and time by clicking on the clock in the upper-right-hand corner of your desktop.
- Click Open Date & Time Preferences.
- Make sure the date and time are correct. Make any changes necessary.
- Save your changes, and open your web browser.
- Remove temporary internet files from your computer.
- Delete the title(s) from OverDrive (select one, then click Delete), then try downloading a fresh copy.
Make sure you open the ODM file right after it finishes downloading.