You can use OverDrive's desktop app to burn MP3 audiobooks to CDs.
Note: Due to agreements with publishers and digital media suppliers, audiobooks from OverDrive cannot be burned to DVD or Blu-ray.
What you need
How to burn audiobooks to a CD
- Open OverDrive's desktop app.
- Select a title and click the Burn button. The burn wizard will open, and you'll see the "Welcome" screen.
- Insert a blank CD into the CD drive on your computer. Click Next.
- The burn wizard searches for your CD drive. When it locates the drive, you'll see the "Confirm" screen.
Select the part(s) you'd like to burn. You'll need one CD for each part. Click Next.
When the selected parts are being burned to the CDs, you'll see the "Burning" screen and status bar.
- When the burn finishes, you'll see the "Success" screen. Click Finish to close the wizard.
What to do if a CD will not play
OverDrive burns borrowed audiobooks as "audio CDs." If you manually burn them as data CDs (outside of OverDrive's app), you'll only be able to listen to the audiobook on a computer.
If you're having trouble listening to the CD you burned, check to make sure your CD player plays CD-R discs. If you used a CD-RW disc, try burning the title again using a CD-R. Most CD players have trouble reading CD-RWs.