Make sure that you safely remove or eject devices from your computer when you're done transferring files and/or titles. This helps to keep files on your MP3 player, eReader, or multimedia device intact and working properly.
Note: The manual for your device may have more specific information on how to do this. If you're having trouble, refer to the documentation for your specific device.
On Windows computers
- Find the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon in your system tray. It will be down by the clock, and look like this:
Note: You may have to click the little arrow in the system tray to see all of the icons.
- Click on the icon, then select your device.
- A dialog pops up, informing you that it's safe to remove your hardware. Once it does, unplug your device.
On Mac computers
- Open Finder and find your device under "Devices."
- Click the Eject button next to your device's name.
- Once it disappears from "Finder," you can disconnect your device.