This error typically occurs when trying to open an audiobook using an expired ODM file.
Here's the full error message you may see: "Error 1003: Requested License either is invalid or already acquired"
To resolve this issue, please follow the steps below.
Delete any saved ODM files.
- Windows 10: Type *.odm into the search bar at the bottom of the screen. Right-click on any of the ODM files and select Open file location. Delete any ODMs, then repeat as necessary.
- Windows 8: From your Start Screen, type *.odm, then press Enter. Right-click (or drag down) on any of the ODMs, then select Open file location. Delete any ODMs, then repeat as necessary.
- Window Vista and 7: Click Start. Type *.odm in the search bar and delete the ODM files.
- Mac: Open the finder and type odm in the search bar. Delete files ending in .odm.
- Clear your web browser's cache.
- Go back to your library website and download the title again.
If you are prompted to "Open" or "Save" the new ODM file, select Open to open the file in OverDrive's desktop app and start the download immediately.