These errors typically occur when there is a connection problem between your computer and Adobe's servers. Please try the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Open an Explorer window.
- Go to Documents > My Digital Editions. If you have a "restore" folder, open it and delete the contents of the "tasks" folder.
Check the following:
Note: This step involves turning off or adjusting security features on your computer. You may want to turn them back on after you've successfully downloaded an eBook.
Are you using a firewall? Windows has one built in, as do several anti-virus suites (Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc.).
A firewall could be blocking Adobe eBook downloads. Temporarily disable your firewall, then try downloading the eBook again. If you can download eBooks after disabling your firewall, you'll need to add an exception for Adobe Digital Editions in your firewall settings.
Are you using a web accelerator? If so, try disabling it for the eBook download.
This is a feature you may want to leave turned off, since it could cause other issues with your computer.
- Do you have a pop-up blocker? If so, try disabling it for the eBook download.
- Do you have any parental control software installed? If so, try disabling it for the eBook download.
If you're using Internet Explorer, is it set to the default security level?
To check, go to Tools > Internet options in Internet Explorer. Under the Security tab, click the Internet icon. Make sure the Default Level is selected under "Security level for this zone."
- Are you using a firewall? Windows has one built in, as do several anti-virus suites (Norton, McAfee, AVG, etc.).
After you've gone through the list above, close and reopen your web browser, then try downloading the eBook again.
- Repair user permissions.
- Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) and remove it from the trash.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall ADE.
- Add Adobe Digital Editions as well as the notification digitaleditions to your firewall's exception list.
After you've gone through the steps above, try downloading the eBook again.