If your iPod shuffle is playing audiobook tracks randomly, follow these steps to manually move the audiobook tracks to the correct order. This is a common issue with the 4th generation iPod shuffle.
What you need
- A computer (Windows or Mac)
- iPod shuffle
- The USB cable for your iPod
- The latest version of iTunes
- An audiobook on your iPod
Reorder audiobook parts in iTunes
- Connect your iPod shuffle to your computer using your USB cable.
- Open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).
- Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
Click On This iPod.
You can drag and reorder any of the audiobook parts so they'll play in order (if you can't drag and drop parts, click the Add To... button and make sure Sort by Manual Order is selected in the right-hand column).
- Once you're done, click the eject button next to your device's name so you can safely unplug it.
- Check the position of the switch on the bottom of your iPod shuffle to make sure it's in Play in order mode.