If you're having trouble transferring titles to your NOOK, then we recommend you first try these basic troubleshooting instructions before continuing with the factory reset.
If the articles linked above do not work, you may need to perform a factory reset on the NOOK to clear the device and start fresh. Listed below are separate instructions for how to reset both the NOOK and the NOOK Color.
Caution: Performing a factory reset deletes all purchased Barnes & Noble content, as well as all personal content from the NOOK. Be sure to back up all of your important files before you reset.
What you need
- A computer (Windows or Mac)
- Your NOOK
- A USB cable for your NOOK
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)
Resetting your NOOK 1st Edition
- On the Home menu, tap Settings.
- Go to Device > Unregister your NOOK.
- Click Confirm to unregister your NOOK.
- Select Reset to factory settings, then Confirm twice.
- After your NOOK resets, register it by following the on-screen prompts.
After you've re-registered your NOOK, you can transfer an eBook to your NOOK (which will also authorize it through ADE).
Resetting your NOOK Simple Touch, NOOK Color, or NOOK Tablet
- Push the n button.
- Select Settings from the navigation bar.
- Select Device Information or Device Info.
- Tap Erase & Deregister Device. Confirm by tapping Reset NOOK.
- After your NOOK resets, follow the on-screen prompts to register it.
After you've registered your NOOK, you can transfer an eBook to your NOOK (which will also authorize it through ADE).