If an audiobook isn't downloading in the OverDrive app, use the steps below to make sure downloads are turned on in the app.
Note: We recommend downloading audiobooks over a Wi-Fi connection since they are often large files that use a lot of data.
Make sure downloads are turned on in the OverDrive app
- Open the OverDrive app.
- Tap the icon in the top-left corner to open the Home menu.
- Tap Files.
- Make sure that downloads are turned on. The download icon will look like this:
Note: This setting is turned on by default.
- The audiobook files should now download automatically. If they do, there's no need to continue on to the steps below.
- If files don't start downloading, tap the title and parts you'd like to download, then tap Download.
If the audiobook parts still don't start downloading or don't move past "Waiting," use the steps below.
Cancel all waiting downloads, then restart them
- In the Files section of the Home menu, tap the audiobook you're having trouble with.
- Tap Delete all.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each title you're trying to download.
- Restart your device.
- Open the OverDrive app and go to the Files section of the Home menu again.
- Tap the audiobook(s) you'd like to download, then tap Download all.