You can transfer audiobooks from your computer to your iPod using OverDrive for Windows (desktop).
Note: If you're using Windows 8 or newer, you can begin the transfer process from OverDrive for Windows 8/10 instead of the traditional desktop version.
If you have an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), you can borrow and download audiobooks directly using OverDrive's app for iOS.
If you're using a non-Apple MP3 player (like a SanDisk or Sony device), use these instructions instead of the ones below, because transferring to other MP3 players works a little differently.
- Connect your iPod to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes (if it doesn't open automatically).
- In iTunes, turn on the Manually manage music setting (or enable disk use if you're using an iPod shuffle).
- This is a one-time step that is required to transfer audiobooks to your iPod from OverDrive for Windows (desktop).
- If you'd prefer to import an MP3 audiobook directly into your iTunes library so you can sync it to your iPod, follow these instructions instead.
- Open OverDrive for Windows (desktop).
- Select an audiobook, then click the Transfer button.
When the transfer wizard opens, click Next so the program can detect your iPod.
Note: If you receive an error that says "No portable players could be found...," make sure you enable disk use in iTunes before trying to transfer.
- When your iPod is detected, make sure it's selected under "Player." Select the part(s) you want to transfer and click Next.
The transfer begins.
- When the transfer is complete, click Finish to close the transfer wizard.
Where to find transferred audiobooks on your iPod
By default, transferred audiobooks are listed under Music > Albums.
You can change where transferred audiobooks appear on your device by following these instructions.
No portable players could be found. Please make sure your portable player or cable is properly inserted into the appropriate slot of this computer.