Note: If you're using Windows 8 or newer, you can also install OverDrive for Windows 8/10. Learn about the differences between OverDrive for Windows 8/10 and OverDrive for Windows (desktop) here.
- A computer with Windows 7 or newer
- Windows Media Player 9 (or newer), which comes with your Windows computer
Steps to install OverDrive for Windows (desktop)
- Open your web browser and go to app.overdrive.com.
- Click Download for Windows Desktop.
- Run or Open the MSI file to start the setup wizard.
- When the setup wizard opens, follow the prompts to install OverDrive for Windows (desktop).