Choose the image below that looks like the titles on your library's website.
You aren't currently able to choose site-wide maturity level settings on new OverDrive websites.
Instead, try using the Audience filter to narrow your search results to a specific audience (or audiences).
Mature titles (for readers over the age of 18) will appear under the "General adult or mature adult" and "Mature adult" filters, and may appear if you don't choose an audience filter.
Your library may allow you to exclude content categorized under certain "maturity levels" while you browse and search their digital collection.
The maturity levels you can choose from are:
- Juvenile: Fiction and nonfiction titles for children.
- Young Adult: Fiction and nonfiction titles for young adults.
- General Adult: General fiction and nonfiction.
- Mature Adult: Fiction and nonfiction for readers over the age of 18 (for example, erotic literature).
How to choose your maturity level(s)
- Log into your Account on your library's OverDrive website.
- Select your Settings page.
- Use the "Maturity level(s)" setting (if available) to choose the range of content that you would like to see.
For example, if you never wanted to see mature adult content, you would select Juvenile to General Adult. If you never wanted to see juvenile or young adult content, you would select General Adult to Mature Adult. If you want to see everything, keep Juvenile to Mature Adult selected.
- Select Save to save your maturity settings before you leave the page.
Your library may also allow you to hide adult cover images while you're browsing or searching your library's digital collection.
Note: Content in your library's digital collection will only be filtered based on your "Maturity level(s)" setting when you're signed into your library account.