The Sony Reader Wi-Fi is an eBook reader that allows you to directly download eBooks from your library without the need for a computer.
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- Tap the black Status Bar at the top of the screen.
- Put a check in the box next to Wi-Fi, then tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Tap on your Wi-Fi network to connect.
Register your Reader
Use the method below if the Reader Store is available in your country
Note: You can skip these steps if you've already registered your Reader Wi-Fi through the Sony Reader store.
- From your home screen, tap Reader Store.
If this button isn't there, the Reader Store may not be available in your country. Continue to the next method.
- Tap Create Account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create your account. This creates and registers an Adobe ID for you with the same credentials.
Use the method below if the Reader Store is unavailable in your country
- Download and install the Reader software for your computer.
- Download an eBook from your library's website, and open it using the Reader software.
- After check out, right-click the Download button and save the ACSM file to your computer.
- Right-click the ACSM file. Go to Open With > Reader for PC. You may have to click Choose default program to select Reader for PC if it doesn't appear as an initial option.
- When the Reader software opens, it will prompt you to enter an Adobe ID. If you don't have one, you can create one on Adobe's website.
- Plug your Reader Wi-Fi into your computer, then put it into USB transfer mode.
- Tap the Status Bar at the top of the screen, then USB connected.
- Tap Data Transfer Mode. You may see "AutoPlay" pop-ups. If so, close them.
- On the Reader for PC authorization pop-up, click Yes to authorize your Reader then OK to verify.
Find your library
- From your home screen, tap the '">" button at the bottom-right-hand-corner.
- If available, tap Public Library, then Discover More Here to locate your library website.
If you do not see this option, open your browser and go to www.overdrive.com to locate your library.
- Search for your library using the provided box. Typically your postal code is the easiest way to find your library.
- Tap your library from the list of search results.
- On the library details page, tap on a collection website to start browsing.
Borrow and download
- Browse for a title to borrow on your library's digital collection website.
- Tap Borrow (if you are not signed into your library website, you will be prompted to do so).
- Download your selection.
- To open a freshly downloaded eBook, tap the Status Bar, then tap the title.