The Sony Reader Wi-Fi is an E Ink eBook reader that allows you to directly download eBooks from your library after you activate it with an Adobe ID.
Note: If you have a Reader Store account, you can sign in to it to authorize your Reader with your Adobe ID instead of following the authorization steps below. If this is the case, skip to the "connect your Reader to Wi-Fi" section.
First, authorize your Reader with an Adobe ID
After following the steps below, you'll be able to borrow and download eBooks from your library directly on your Sony Reader Wi-Fi.
- Download and install the Reader software for Windows.
- Download an eBook from your library's website, and open it. If it doesn't open with Reader for PC, follow these steps:
- After borrowing a title and selecting the EPUB format, right-click the Download button and save the ACSM file to your computer.
- Right-click the ACSM file. Go to Open With > Reader for PC. You may have to click Choose default program to select Reader for PC if it doesn't appear initially.
- When the Reader software opens, it will prompt you to enter an Adobe ID. If you don't have one, you can create one on Adobe's website. You need to authorize the software to download the eBook.
- Plug your Reader Wi-Fi into your computer, then put it into USB transfer mode using these steps:
- Tap the Status Bar at the top of the screen, then USB connected.
- Tap Data Transfer Mode. You may see an "AutoPlay" pop-up on your computer. If so, close it.
- You will see a Reader for PC authorization pop-up on your computer. Click Yes to authorize your Reader with your Adobe ID.
Next, connect your Reader to a Wi-Fi network
- Tap the black Status Bar at the top of the screen.
- Check the Wi-Fi box, then tap Wi-Fi Settings.
- Tap on your Wi-Fi network and enter your password to connect to it.
Find your library on your device
- From the home screen on your Sony Reader, tap the > soft button in the bottom-right-hand corner.
- If available, tap Public Library, and accept the "User License Agreement" if prompted. Then tap Discover More Here to locate your library website.
If you do not see this option, open your browser and go to www.overdrive.com to locate your library.
- Search for your library using the provided box. Typically your postal code is the easiest way to find your library.
- Tap your library from the list of search results.
- On the library details page, tap on a collection website to start browsing.
Borrow and download titles using your Sony Reader
- Browse for a title to borrow on your library's digital collection website.
- When you find one that strikes your fancy, tap the book jacket, then Borrow. You can also tap more to see title details.
Note: If you are not signed into your library website, you will be prompted to do so now.
- Download the borrowed eBook.
- Tap the Status Bar (at the very top of your screen), then tap the title you just downloaded to open it.