If you have an iPod, these articles may be more helpful:
- iPod: Getting started with an iPod
- iPod touch: Getting started with an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
What you need
- A compatible MP3 player
- A cable to connect your MP3 player to your computer
- OverDrive for Windows or Mac
- A library card
How it works
- Install software
Install OverDrive's desktop app on your computer. You'll need it to download audio titles and transfer them to your MP3 player.
Note: If you want to transfer WMA titles to an MP3 player, you'll need a Windows computer. Even then, not all WMA titles can be transferred to an MP3 player due to publisher permissions.
- Borrow and download titles on your computer
Open your library's digital collection website (find it here) on your computer and then borrow and download an audio title.
- Transfer titles to your MP3 player
Transfer borrowed titles from your computer to your MP3 player using our instructions for Windows (which can transfer MP3 and permitted WMA titles) or Mac (which can transfer MP3 titles only). Once you've transferred a title to your MP3 player, you can listen to it just like any other audio file.