You can use the OverDrive app to get eBooks, audiobooks, streaming videos, and periodicals from your library on your Android device.
Note: Some digital formats may not be available from all libraries.
Download the OverDrive app from one of the following:
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account and log in. If you're under 13, select I am under 13 years old instead.
Note: Only newer versions of the OverDrive app will prompt you to sign in or sign up for an OverDrive account. If you don't see these prompts, move on to step 3.
In the OverDrive app, find your library's OverDrive website. In newer versions of the app, you can do this by swiping from left to right to open the Home menu, then tapping Add a library. In older versions of the app, tap the icon (or, if you don't have this icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
- Tap the star to save your library to your library list.
- Tap your library's name to start browsing.
Log into your library's OverDrive website with your library card and borrow a title.
Find borrowed titles under your account on your library's OverDrive website. You can:
- Download EPUB eBooks* and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Add streaming videos to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read and MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your browser.
- If you've installed the Kindle reading app from the Google Play store, select Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
- If you've installed the NOOK reading app from the Google Play store, select Send to NOOK to send a periodical to your NOOK reading app.
*Note: If you're using an older version of the OverDrive app, you'll need to authorize your device with an Adobe ID to download EPUB eBooks. It's a one-time, free process that takes just moments to complete.
For a video overview of how to get started with an Android device, check out our help videos.