You can use the OverDrive app to get eBooks, audiobooks, streaming videos, and periodicals from your library on your iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch).
Note: Some digital formats may not be available from all libraries.
Download the OverDrive app from the Apple App Store.
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account and log in. If you're under 13, select I am under 13 years old instead.
In the OverDrive app, swipe from left to right to open the Home menu. Then, tap Add a library to find your library's OverDrive website.
- Tap the star to save your library to your library list.
- Tap your library's name to start browsing.
Log into your library's OverDrive website with your library card and borrow a title.
Note: Magazines and newspapers work a little differently than other digital titles. They have a Send to NOOK app button instead of a Borrow button, and to read them, you'll need to install the NOOK reading app from the Apple App Store. See getting started with periodicals for more help.
Find borrowed titles on your Bookshelf (under your Account) on your library's OverDrive website. From here, you can:
- Download EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Add streaming videos to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read or MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your browser.
- Tap Listen to open and play OverDrive Listen audiobooks right in your browser.
- If you've installed the Kindle reading app from the Apple App Store, select Download, then Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
For a video overview of how to get started with an iOS device, check out our help videos.