With a Mac, you can borrow and enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming videos from your library's OverDrive website. You can also get free periodicals to read on these supported devices.
Open your library's OverDrive website on your computer (find it on overdrive.com).
Log into your library's OverDrive website with your library card and borrow a title.
Note: Magazines and newspapers work a little differently than other digital titles. They have a Send to NOOK app button instead of a Borrow button, and to read them, you'll need a NOOK tablet or the NOOK reading app (for Android, iOS, or Windows 8). See getting started with periodicals for more help.
Find borrowed titles on your Bookshelf (under your Account) on your library's OverDrive website. Here you'll find options for reading, watching, or listening to each title. You can:
- Select Read to open and read OverDrive Read or MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your web browser.
- Select Listen to open and play OverDrive Listen audiobooks right in your browser.
- Select Play to open and play streaming videos right in your web browser.
- Download EPUB or PDF eBooks to your computer (first, you'll need to install and authorize Adobe Digital Editions). Then, you can read those eBooks on your computer or transfer them to a compatible eReader.
- Download MP3 audiobooks to your computer (first, you'll need to install OverDrive for Mac). Then, you can listen to those audiobooks on your computer or transfer them to a compatible MP3 player.
- Select Download, then Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send a book to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.