With a Windows computer, you can borrow and enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, music, and videos from your library's OverDrive website. You can also get free periodicals to read on Windows 8 computers or one of these supported devices.
Note: If you have a Windows 8 computer, you may want to check out our guide for getting started with Windows 8 and RT instead.
Open your library's OverDrive website on your computer (find it on overdrive.com).
Log into your library's OverDrive website with your library card and borrow a title.
Find borrowed titles under your Account on your library's OverDrive website. Here you'll find options for reading, watching, or listening to each title. You can:
- Select Read to open and read OverDrive Read or MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your web browser.
- Select Play to open and play streaming videos right in your web browser.
- Download EPUB or PDF eBooks to your computer (first, you'll need to install and authorize Adobe Digital Editions). Then, you can read those eBooks on your computer or transfer them to a compatible eReader.
- Download MP3 or WMA audiobooks, music, or WMV videos to your computer (first, you'll need to install OverDrive for Windows). Then, you can watch or listen to those titles on your computer or transfer all MP3 and most WMA audiobooks to a compatible MP3 player.
- Select Kindle Book (U.S. only) from the Download drop-down menu to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send a book to your Kindle device or Kindle reading app.
- Select Send to NOOK to send a periodical to your NOOK device or NOOK reading app.