The Amazon Kindle Cloud Reader is a web app that allows you to read Kindle Books on any compatible web browser.
Note: Kindle Books are currently available for US libraries only.
What you need
- A computer or device with a compatible web browser (Firefox, Chrome, or Safari)
Note: With Firefox or Chrome, you can use Kindle Cloud Reader on a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
- A book checked out to your Kindle account
- An Amazon account
Read from the cloud
- Using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, go to read.amazon.com to open Kindle Cloud Reader.
You may need to sign in with your Amazon.com account.
- Your Kindle Library is displayed on the main page. Click on a book to start reading.
- Press your keyboard's right arrow key or click the > button to go forward a page, and the left arrow key or < button to go back a page.
- Click the buttons along the top of the page to explore features like bookmarking and adjusting the font.
For more details on using Kindle Cloud Reader, take a look at Amazon's Cloud Reader help pages.
When you read Kindle Books from your library, your bookmarks, notes, and reading progress are all synced with your Kindle account. That means, if you make a note in a book you're reading on the Kindle Cloud Reader, you can look at it later on your Kindle or Kindle reading app as long as you have Internet access.