You can borrow OverDrive Read eBooks from your library and read them directly in your browser.
You can also use free software from OverDrive or Adobe to download library titles to your computer.
What you need
- A library card
- An HTML5 capable browser for OverDrive Read
- OverDrive Media Console for audiobooks, music, or video
- Adobe Digital Editions for downloaded eBooks
- Open your library's digital collection website (find it here).
Look for an available title to borrow. You can:
- Browse the titles on the home page.
- Use the menu at the top of the page to browse categories.
- Run a search.
Mouse over a title, then click Borrow to check it out.
Or, mouse over a title and click more to view the title's details page. From here, click Borrow to check it out.
If prompted, sign in.
Your bookshelf opens, displaying title(s) you have checked out. From here, you can click Read to start reading eBooks in your browser.
Or, select a format from the Download drop-down menu, then click Confirm & Download.
- Select Kindle Book to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the title to your Kindle or Kindle reading app (U.S. libraries only).
- Select an eBook format to download and open the title in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Select an audiobook, music, or video format to download and open the title in OverDrive Media Console.