You can install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to enjoy downloaded eBooks on your computer and transfer them to supported eReaders.
How to install
- Visit the Adobe Digital Editions website, then click Download tab (system requirements).
- Click the download link for the Macintosh version of ADE.
Open (mount) the DMG file, then open the installer.
Note: You may have to command-click, then click Open to run the installer.
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
- If ADE was previously installed, you may get an option to MIGRATE DATA, which will import your old eBooks into the new version of ADE.
- Click Done to exit the setup and launch ADE.
If this is your first time using ADE, please authorize your computer to read eBooks in ADE.
If you currently have an older version of ADE installed, uninstall it if prompted while installing the newer version, or follow step 1 in these instructions after it's finished installing.
Note: If you've had ADE on your computer before, you shouldn't need to reauthorize it with your Adobe ID or OverDrive account. However, if you have trouble downloading or transferring eBooks, try clearing your authorization, then reauthorizing ADE.