You can use the OverDrive app to get eBooks, audiobooks, streaming videos, and periodicals from your library on your Kobo tablet, such as the Kobo Vox or Arc.
Note: Some digital formats may not be available from all libraries.
Download the OverDrive app from one of the following:
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account and log in. If you're under 13, select I am under 13 years old instead.
Note: If you're using a Kobo Vox, skip this step and move on to step 3.
In the OverDrive app, find your library's OverDrive website. On most Kobo tablets, you can do this by swiping from left to right to open the Home menu, then tapping Add a library. On a Kobo Vox, tap the icon (or, if you don't have this icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
- Tap the star to save your library to your library list.
- Tap your library's name to start browsing.
Log into your library's OverDrive website with your library card and borrow a title.
Note: Magazines and newspapers work a little differently than other digital titles. They have a Send to NOOK app button instead of a Borrow button, and to read them, you'll need to install the NOOK reading app from the Google Play store. See getting started with periodicals for more help.
Find borrowed titles under your account on your library's OverDrive website. You can:
- Download EPUB eBooks* and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Add streaming videos to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read or MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your browser.
- If you've installed the Kindle reading app from the Google Play store on your Kobo, select Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
*Note: If you're using a Kobo Vox, you'll need to authorize your device with an Adobe ID to download EPUB eBooks. It's a one-time, free process that takes just moments to complete.
For a video overview of how to get started with a Kobo tablet, check out our help videos.