You can use OverDrive's mobile app to borrow and enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library on your NOOK tablet (such as the NOOK HD or HD+).
Note: Some digital formats may not be available from all libraries.
Download the OverDrive app from one of the following:
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account (optional) and log in. Next, you'll be asked to create or sign in with an Adobe ID, which is required to download protected eBooks.
Note: Only newer versions of the OverDrive app will prompt you to sign in or sign up for an OverDrive account. If you don't see these prompts, or if you choose not to create an account, skip to step 3.
In the OverDrive app, find your library's OverDrive-powered website. In newer versions of the app, you can do this by swiping from left to right to open the Home menu, then tapping Add a library. In older versions of the app, tap the icon (or, if you don't have this icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
- Tap the star to save your library's website to your library list.
- Tap your library's name to start browsing.
Log into your library's OverDrive-powered website with your library card and borrow a title.
Find borrowed titles under your account on your library website. You can:
- Download EPUB eBooks* and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Add streaming videos to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read eBooks right in your browser.
- If you've installed the Kindle reading app from the Google Play store on your NOOK, you can select Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
*Note: To read eBooks in the OverDrive app, you'll need to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. It's a one-time, free process that takes just moments to complete.
For a video overview of how to get started with a NOOK tablet, check out our help videos.