You can use the OverDrive app to borrow and enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video from your library on your NOOK tablet (such as the NOOK HD or HD+).
Note: Some digital formats may not be available from all libraries.
Download the OverDrive app from one of the following:
Open the OverDrive app and follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account and log in. If you're under 13, select I am under 13 years old instead.
Note: If you're using a NOOK Color or Tablet, skip this step and move on to step 3.
In the OverDrive app, find your library's OverDrive website. On most NOOK tablets, you can do this by swiping from left to right to open the Home menu, then tapping Add a library. On a NOOK Color or Tablet, tap the icon (or, if you don't have this icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
- Tap the star to save your library to your library list.
- Tap your library's name to start browsing.
Log into your library's OverDrive website with your library card and borrow a title.
Find borrowed titles under your account on your library's OverDrive website. You can:
- Download EPUB eBooks* and MP3 audiobooks directly to the OverDrive app.
- Add streaming videos to the OverDrive app.
- Tap Read to open and read OverDrive Read or MediaDo Reader eBooks right in your browser.
- If you've installed the Kindle reading app from the Google Play store on your NOOK, you can select Kindle Book (U.S. only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the book to your Kindle reading app.
*Note: If you're using a NOOK Color or Tablet, you'll need to authorize your device with an Adobe ID to download EPUB eBooks. It's a one-time, free process that takes just moments to complete.
For a video overview of how to get started with a NOOK tablet, check out our help videos.