With OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Windows 8, you can read OverDrive Read eBooks and download MP3 audiobooks and EPUB eBooks directly to the app. You can also play streaming video in your web browser. Your library list offers quick access to your library's digital collection website.
Note: This version of OMC is compatible with Windows RT tablets (like the Surface RT and Surface 2) and Windows 8 devices.
What you need
- A Windows 8 or Windows RT device with internet access
- OverDrive Media Console for Windows 8
How to borrow titles using OverDrive Media Console for Windows 8
- Open OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Windows 8.
- Use the Add a library feature to find and save your library's digital collection website.
Select a library from your list to go to that library's website.
On your library website, look for an available title to borrow. You can:
- Browse the titles on the home page.
- Use the menu at the top of the page to browse categories.
- Run a search.
When you find an eBook that looks interesting, tap on (or mouse over) the title, then tap more to view its details page.
- Select Borrow to check it out.
If prompted, sign in.
Your library bookshelf will open, displaying the title(s) you have checked out. From here, you can select Read to start reading eBooks in your browser.
- Tap or click Play to open the streaming video in your browser.
- Or, select a format from the Download drop-down menu, then tap or click Confirm & Download.