If you've borrowed an eBook or audiobook and haven't downloaded it yet, or if you've borrowed a video and haven't yet played it in your browser, you can return titles from your library's OverDrive website Bookshelf under your Account.
Note: Titles are automatically returned at the end of the lending period.
To return a title, select the Return Title button.
Once you select a download format and download the title (or play a streaming video), the Return Title button disappears. At this point, you can return it using one of the methods below.
If you've downloaded a title or played a streaming video, you can return it using:
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for Windows or Mac (EPUB and PDF)
- OverDrive's desktop app for Windows (MP3 only)
- OverDrive for Windows 8 (EPUB and MP3)
- OverDrive for Android (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for Windows Phone (EPUB and MP3)
- Amazon's website (Kindle Books)
Note: Open PDF eBooks, music, WMA audiobooks, and WMV videos you've downloaded cannot currently be returned before the end of the lending period. Once you've played streaming video in your browser (without adding it to the app), you will not be able to return it before the end of the lending period. Also, OverDrive for Mac does not currently support the return feature.