All digital titles are automatically returned to your library at the end of their lending periods, so you never have to worry about late fees. If you'd like to return a title early to make space in your library account, you may be able to do so using the sections below.
If you haven't downloaded or played the title yet:
You can return a title from your library Bookshelf (located under your Account on your library's OverDrive website), if:
- You've borrowed an eBook that's available in multiple download formats AND you haven't chosen a download format and selected Confirm & Download.
- You've borrowed an eBook or audiobook that's only available in one download format AND you haven't selected Download.
- You've borrowed a streaming video AND you haven't selected Play or Add to app yet.
To return a title from your library Bookshelf, select the Return Title button.
Once you download the title (or select Play or Add to app for a streaming video), the Return Title button disappears from your library Bookshelf.
If you have already downloaded or played the title:
Once you download a title, you may be able to return it using the software or app that you used to download it. Here are specific steps for:
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for Windows or Mac (EPUB and PDF)
- OverDrive for Windows (desktop) (MP3)
- OverDrive for Windows 8 (EPUB and MP3)
- OverDrive for Android (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for Chromebook (EPUB and MP3)
- OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for Windows Phone (EPUB and MP3)
- Amazon's website (Kindle Books)
- When a NOOK periodical is successfully sent to your NOOK account, it's yours to keep. You don't have to worry about returning it to your library, and you'll never be charged for it. Click here to learn more about returning NOOK periodicals that aren't successfully sent to your NOOK account.
- You can't return downloaded Open PDF eBooks before the end of the lending period.
- You can't return any titles using OverDrive's desktop app for Mac.
- You can only return a streaming video that you've watched (partially or completely), if you've added it to OverDrive's app for Android or iOS.
- You can only return downloaded Open EPUBs from OverDrive's app for Android, Chromebook, iOS, or Windows 8.