Installing OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Android on your Kindle Fire or Fire HD will enable you to borrow and enjoy a wide selection of eBooks and audiobooks from your library.
Option 1: Download through the Amazon Appstore (U.S. only)
Note: You need to have an active credit card on your Amazon account with 1-click purchases turned on to download any apps, including free apps such as OverDrive Media Console.
- Search for OverDrive Media Console from the Appstore on your device.
You can also install OMC from your computer, but we recommend working from your Fire or Fire HD
Note: To get to the Appstore on your Fire or Fire HD, tap Apps, then Store.
- Tap the OMC icon, then tap Download.
- You'll find OMC in your "Apps" list (tap Home, then Apps).
Option 2: Download through the OverDrive Media Console website
If you can't download OMC from the Amazon Appstore, use the following steps to install OMC on your device.
- From your device's home screen, tap the battery icon in the upper-right corner, then select More.
- Tap Device.
- Turn to switch for "Allow Installation of Applications" to the ON position.
- In your device's browser, navigate to http://omc.overdrive.com/kindle.php.
- Select the Download OverDrive Media Console link and follow the prompts to complete installation.