These steps will help ensure that iTunes is optimally set up to transfer WMA audiobooks or music from your Windows computer to your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod).
Usually the default settings will work just fine (as long as you turn on Manually manage music), but if you're having trouble transferring titles using OverDrive for Windows, or the transfers are taking too long, please follow the steps below.
- Click the Menu icon in the top-left corner of iTunes, then select Preferences.
- Click the Devices tab in the "Preferences" window. Check the box for Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically if it isn't already selected.
- Select the General tab, then click Import Settings.
- From the "Import Using" drop-down menu, select the AAC Encoder option.
- From the "Setting" drop-down menu, select Spoken Podcast.
- Click OK, then click OK again.
- Transfer the title again using OverDrive for Windows.
If these steps do not resolve your transfer issues, contact your library for support.
No portable players could be found. Please make sure your portable player or cable is properly inserted into the appropriate slot of this computer.