The steps in this article will help ensure that iTunes is optimally set up to transfer WMA audiobooks or music borrowed from your school or library to your Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod).
Usually the default settings will work just fine (as long as you turn off Manually manage music), but if you're having trouble transferring titles using OverDrive's desktop app for Windows, please follow the steps below.
- Click the Menu icon in the top-left corner of iTunes, then select Preferences.
- Click the Devices tab in the "Preferences" window. Check the option Prevent iPods and iPhones from syncing automatically if it is not already selected.
- Select the General tab, then click Import Settings.
- From the "Import Using" field, select the AAC Encoder option.
- From the "Setting" field, select Spoken Podcast.
- Click OK, then click OK again.
- Transfer the title again using the OverDrive for Windows transfer wizard (click here for Mac instructions).
If these steps do not resolve your transfer issues, contact your library for support.