With OverDrive's mobile app, you can read OverDrive Read eBooks as well as download MP3 audiobooks, EPUB eBooks, and streaming videos directly to your Android device. Your library list offers quick access to your library's digital collection website.
What you need
- An Android device with Internet access
- OverDrive Media Console for Android
How to borrow titles on your Android device
- Open OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Android.
- Swipe from left to right across your screen to open the Home menu, where you'll find your library list.
Or, if you're using the legacy version of OMC, tap the icon near the top-right-corner of the screen (if you don't have this button, go to Menu > Get Books).
Note: The Menu button typically looks like this , or this .
Tap a library on your "My libraries" list to go to that library's website.
If your list is empty, or you need to add a new library, tap Add a Library.
On your library website, look for an available title to borrow. You can:
- Browse the titles on the home page.
- Use the menu at the top of the page to browse categories.
- Run a search.
- When you find an eBook that looks interesting, tap on the title, then tap Borrow to check it out.
Or, tap more to view the title's details page. From here, tap Borrow to check it out.
If prompted, sign in.
Your library bookshelf opens, displaying the title(s) you have checked out. From here, you can tap Read to start reading eBooks in your browser.
- Tap Add to app to add streaming videos to your bookshelf in OverDrive Media Console (OMC).
Or, select a format from the Download drop-down menu, then tap Confirm & Download.
- Select an eBook or audiobook format to download and add to your bookshelf in OMC.
- Select Kindle Book (U.S. libraries only) to complete checkout on Amazon's website and send the title to your Kindle or Kindle reading app.