Install OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Android to enjoy audiobooks and eBooks on your mobile device.
The following popular devices are all based on Android, and can install OMC:
- Kindle tablets (Fire, Fire HD, and Fire HDX)
- NOOK tablets (Color, Tablet, HD, and HD+)
- Kobo tablets (Vox and Arc)
Option 1: Install OMC from the Android Apps section of Google Play Store, the Amazon Appstore, or NOOK store
Download OMC from any of the stores below:
Note: The NOOK store only offers apps for NOOK devices.
Option 2: If you do not have access to Google Play Store, install OMC directly
If you have an Android device that did not come with access to Google Play Store, you can try installing the Amazon Appstore, or follow the instructions below to install OMC directly.
- Go to the OMC for Android page from your Android device, or the OMC for Kindle Fire page from your Kindle Fire or Fire HD.
- Select the "Download OverDrive Media Console" link.
- Review the license agreement. Tap I Agree to download the installation file.
Pull down the notification bar. Tap ODMediaConsoleSetup.apk once the download is complete.
- If prompted, open the file with the "Package Installer."
- If you get the "Install blocked" message, follow these instructions to allow installation from "Unknown Sources." If you don't get this message, continue on.
Review the application permissions. Tap Install to start the installation.
The app installs.
Tap Open to launch OMC for Android, or tap Done to close the installer.