To read and download DRM-protected eBooks on an iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch), you'll need to authorize OverDrive Media Console (OMC) with an Adobe ID. To enjoy eBooks on additional computers and devices, be sure to authorize each with the same Adobe ID. You may authorize up to six computers and/or devices.
What you need
- Your iOS device (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch)
- OverDrive's mobile app for iOS
How to authorize
- A prompt to authorize your Adobe ID displays the first time you open the latest version of OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for iOS or when you try to download a protected eBook.
- If you already have an OverDrive account and it's associated with an Adobe ID, tap Yes to authorize and you're done.
- If you already have an Adobe ID, but have not saved it to your OverDrive account:
- Enter your Adobe ID and password.
Tap Authorize to complete the authorization process. If you're signed in with your OverDrive account, your Adobe ID will automatically be saved on your account so you can authorize faster in the future.
If you do not have an Adobe ID:
- Tap Get a free Adobe ID. This will open Adobe's website.
Enter your newly created Adobe ID, then tap Authorize.
Note: If you're not automatically taken to the Settings menu to authorize, you can get there from the Home menu (tap the icon in the top-left corner to open it) or by going to Get Books+ > Settings.
Note: If you would like to download the same eBook to another computer or device, be sure to authorize using the same Adobe ID.