Reading eBooks with OverDrive Read
- We recommend iOS 5.0 and up for OverDrive Read.
- Open OverDrive Read eBooks from your bookshelf on your library's digital collection website. Tap the Read (In your browser) button next to a borrowed eBook to start reading.
- OverDrive Read works like any other eBook reader or reading app, except it opens directly in your browser. Learn more about OverDrive Read's features here.
- Try an OverDrive Read sample now to see how it works.
Reading eBooks using OverDrive Media Console (OMC)
Open OMC for iOS, then tap an eBook from your OMC bookshelf to open it. If you have not yet borrowed an eBook from your library, learn how to here.
Note: If you're using a legacy version of our app, your OMC bookshelf will look different from the screenshot below, but these steps should still work for you.
- To go to the next page: Tap the right side of the screen, or swipe the screen from right to left.
- To go to the previous page: Tap the left side of the screen, or swipe the screen from left to right.
Tap the top-right corner of the page to create a bookmark.
Tap and hold a word, then tap the Dictionary pop-up to look it up in the dictionary.
When the dictionary entry opens, you will also have the option to search for the term in Wikipedia.
Tap the middle of the screen to display the reader options.
Note: If you're using a legacy version of OMC, your reader options will be a little different from those shown above.
Tap the middle of the screen to open the reader options, then swipe left or right to open the Home or Title menu.
Note: If you're using a legacy version of OMC, tap the icon in the top-right corner for the Title menu, or tap the Back arrow to go back to your bookshelf.
Share what you're reading with friends by tapping the (Share icon) located next to Overview in the Title menu.
Note: If you're using a legacy version of OMC, you'll find a Share button in the upper-right corner of the Details screen (which you can access by tapping the Menu icon).
- To open a hyperlink in the eBook, tap and hold the link, then select Open.