You can transfer downloaded eBooks to a supported eBook reader (like an E Ink NOOK or Kobo) using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
Note: These instructions are for ADE 2.0 or newer. We recommend always using the latest version of ADE.
What you need
- A computer (Windows or Mac)
- A compatible eBook reader
- The USB cable that came with the eBook reader
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for Windows or Mac
- An activated OverDrive account or Adobe ID on your computer
- An eBook from your library
Transferring eBooks to an eBook reader
- Connect the eBook reader to your computer.
Open ADE on your computer. Make sure you're in "Library" view.
Your eBook reader should show up under "Devices."
Note: If you don't see your device, you may need to install some additional software. Please check your eBook reader's documentation for more information.
Click on an eBook, then drag it over to your device.
Note: Transferring an eBook to your eBook reader will authorize your device with the same OverDrive account or Adobe ID that your computer is authorized with.
Once the transfer is complete, you can disconnect your device and start reading.
Note: If you're having trouble finding books you've transferred to an E Ink NOOK, check out this article.