You can transfer downloaded eBooks to a supported eReader (like a NOOK or Kobo) using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
Note: These instructions are for ADE 2.0 or newer. We recommend always using the latest version of ADE.
What you need
- A computer (Windows or Mac)
- A compatible eReader
- The USB cable that came with the eReader
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for Windows or Mac
- An activated OverDrive account or Adobe ID on your computer
- An eBook from your library
Transferring eBooks to an eReader
- Connect the eReader to your computer.
Open ADE on your computer. Make sure you're in "Library" view.
Your eReader should show up under "Devices."
Note: If you don't see your device, you may need to install some additional software. Please check your eReader's documentation for more information.
Click on an eBook, then drag it over to your device.
Note: Transferring an eBook to your eReader will authorize it with the same OverDrive account or Adobe ID that your computer uses.
Once the transfer is complete, you can disconnect your device and start reading.
Note: If you're having trouble finding books you've transferred to a NOOK eReader, check out this article.