You can transfer downloaded eBooks to a supported eReader (like a NOOK or Kobo) using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).
- The NOOK GlowLight Plus doesn't use ADE to transfer eBooks, and it won't appear under "Devices." Instead, use these steps to transfer eBooks to your NOOK GlowLight Plus.
- The Kobo Aura ONE has OverDrive built into the device, so you can borrow and download eBooks directly from the Kobo catalog. Learn more about how OverDrive works on the Kobo Aura ONE.
What you need
- A computer (Windows or Mac)
- A compatible eReader
- The USB cable that came with the eReader
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for Windows or Mac, authorized with an OverDrive account or Adobe ID
- An eBook from your library
Transferring eBooks to an eReader
Note: These instructions are for ADE 2.0 or newer. We recommend always using the latest version of ADE.
- Connect the eReader to your computer.
- Open ADE on your computer. Make sure you're in "Library" view.
Your eReader should show up under "Devices."
Note: If you don't see your device, you can try these steps. If those don't work, you may need to install some additional software. Please check your eReader's documentation for more information.
- Click on an eBook, then drag it over to your device.
Note: Transferring an eBook to your eReader will authorize it with the same OverDrive account or Adobe ID that your computer uses.
Once the transfer is complete, you can disconnect your device and start reading.
Note: If you're having trouble finding books you've transferred to a NOOK eReader, check out this article.