You can transfer audiobooks and music to compatible MP3 players using OverDrive for Windows (desktop). If you have Windows 8, you can use OverDrive for Windows 8 to launch the transfer process for audiobooks, but you'll still need OverDrive for Windows (desktop) installed to complete the transfer. Before you try a transfer, you may want to check the title's digital rights to make sure transfers are allowed.
If you're using an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod), use these instructions instead of the ones below, because transferring to Apple devices works a little differently.
What you need
- A computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- An MP3 player (or other compatible portable device)
- A USB cable for your device
- OverDrive for Windows (desktop)
- Optional: OverDrive for Windows 8
- Connect your MP3 player to your computer using your USB cable.
- Open OverDrive for Windows or OverDrive for Windows 8.
Select a title, then click the Transfer button.
If you're using OverDrive for Windows 8, when you click the Transfer button in the audiobook player, the transfer wizard opens in OverDrive for Windows (desktop). You must also have OverDrive for Windows (desktop) installed to transfer audiobooks.
Note: If the Transfer button is grayed out, the audiobook isn't allowed to be transferred.
- When the transfer wizard opens, click Next so the program can detect your device.
When your device is detected, make sure it's selected under "Player." Select the part(s) you want to transfer and click Next.
The transfer begins.
- When the transfer is complete, click Finish to close the transfer wizard.