You can install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to enjoy downloaded eBooks on your computer and transfer them to supported eBook readers.
What you need
- A computer with: Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- A supported browser, like Internet Explorer 8 (or newer), Firefox 3 (or newer), or Chrome
To learn more about what you need to install ADE, please see Adobe's system requirements.
How to install
- Visit the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) website, then click Download now.
- Click the download link for the version of ADE you need (Windows).
- Once the download is complete, run the installer file.
Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
Make sure to leave the Associate .acsm and .epub file types option selected if you want to use ADE to read these types of eBooks.
If ADE was previously installed, you should get an option to MIGRATE DATA from the old install to this new one.
Migrating data imports your old eBooks into the new ADE.
If you currently have an older version of ADE installed, you'll get the option to remove it.
We recommend you remove the old ADE to avoid confusion and possible download errors.
- Click Done to exit the setup and launch ADE.
If this is your first time using ADE, please complete Adobe authorization.
Note: If you've had ADE on your computer before, you shouldn't need to reauthorize it with your Adobe ID. However, if you have trouble downloading or transferring eBooks, try clearing your Adobe ID, then reauthorizing ADE.