With OverDrive's desktop app for Windows, you can enjoy a wide range of audiobooks, music, and video on your computer.
Note: This article is about the OverDrive's desktop app. If you're using Windows 8 or RT, check out our article on how to install OverDrive for Windows 8, which you can use to download and enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming video.
What you need
- A computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- Internet Explorer 7 (or newer)
- Windows Media Player 9 (or newer)
Launch the Setup Wizard
- Download OverDrive for Windows from app.overdrive.com.
- Save the file.
- Open the installation file once the download is complete.
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
Once OverDrive is installed, we recommend running the Windows Media Player security upgrade.
This is to ensure your Windows DRM is up to date so you can play protected WMA and WMV files.