Note: This article is about OverDrive's desktop app. If you're using Windows 8 or RT, check out our article on how to install OverDrive for Windows 8, which you can use to download and enjoy eBooks, audiobooks, and streaming videos. Learn more about the differences between OverDrive for Windows (desktop) and OverDrive for Windows 8 here.
What you need
- A computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- Internet Explorer 7 (or newer)
- Windows Media Player 9 (or newer), which comes with your Windows computer
- Download OverDrive for Windows from app.overdrive.com.
- Save the file.
- Open the installation file once the download is complete.
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to complete the installation.