Install OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Windows so that you can enjoy a wide range of audiobooks, music, and video on your computer.
Note: This article is about the desktop version of OverDrive Media Console for Windows. If you're using Windows 8 or RT, check out our article on how to install OverDrive Media Console for Windows 8.
What you need
- A computer with Windows XP, Vista, 7, or 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (or newer)
- Windows Media Player 9 (or newer)
Launch the Setup Wizard
- Go to the download page for OverDrive Media Console (OMC) for Windows.
- Click Download for Windows.
- Save the file.
- Open the installation file once the download is complete.
- Follow the prompts in the setup wizard to complete the installation.
Once OMC is installed, we recommend running the Windows Media Player Security Upgrade.
This is to ensure your Windows DRM is up to date so you can play protected WMA audio and WMV video files.